Utilize all of your storage space. Best tips for packing efficiently.
No matter what belongings you are storing you need to make sure you are utilizing all of the space that you are renting. Whether you are storing a vehicle with personal belongings or stacking personal boxes and totes make sure that you are getting your monies worth out of the provided area.
- Bust out your Tetris skills! Even a small storage unit can hold a great deal. Make sure you are utilizing the space wisely by stacking things all the way to the ceiling.
- Use empty waste cans and bins to contain loose items like garden supplies or tools.
- Allow for a clear path down the center of your storage unit. Place items along the walls but be sure to leave an inch of space between the wall and boxes for proper air circulation.
- When possible, use heavy duty storage totes for storing items. You will lessen the chance of dirt, dust and grime getting into your items.
- Rethink and repurpose things you're planning to store. Pack smaller items inside empty appliances in your storage unit - just be sure to leave the appliance door wedged open for circulation.